Engaging Education (e²) houses several Student Initiated Outreach Programs which are categorized as yield, students that have been accepted in college, and non-yield, students who otherwise have not thought about higher education or do not know of the processes of how to get to higher education or that higher education is not an option for them.
Yield Programs bring already admitted high school seniors to UCSC.
– A Step Forward (ASF)
• The Filipino Student Association’s (FSA) 3-day/2-night yield program geared towards at Filipino students.
– Destination Higher Education (DHE)
• The African/Black Student Alliance’s (A/BSA) 3-day/2-night yield program geared towards at African/Black/Caribbean students.
– Oportunidades Rumbo A La Educacion (ORALE)
• Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano/a de Aztlán’s (MEChA) 3-day/2-night yield program geared towards at Chican@/Latin@ students.
Non-Yield programs bring high school students, grades 9-12 to UCSC:
– Inspiring Scholars in Higher Education (ISHE)
• The Hmong Student Association’s (HSA) 3-day/2-night Academic Preparation program for high school students.
– Motivation Conference (MC)
• The Asian/Pacific Islander Student Alliance’s (APISA) 3-day/2-night Academic Preparation program for students who do not think higher education is an option.
Non-Yield programs that bring students from the local communities to learn about higher education:
– Getting Educated Now To Empower (GENTE)
• Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano/a de Aztlán’s (MEChA) bilingual outreach program for Chican@/Latin@ students & their parents to learn about higher education.
– Liberating Individuals, Fostering Thought in Education and Diversity (LIFTED)
• e²’s outreach conference for local high school students that prepares students with leadership skills to advocate & promote higher education.
Non-Yield programs that travel to high schools throughout Northern California and Southern California:
– African American Theater Arts Troupe (AATAT)
• AATAT was formed as a vehicle to create unity, higher visibility, and understanding of the African American culture here at UC Santa Cruz
– Rainbow Outreach
• A multicultural theatre arts troupe that travels to high schools throughout California doing interactive theatre & workshops to promote higher education.